Sean Hunt is a corporate attorney whose practice encompasses a broad range of business and commercial matters, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate organization and governance, real estate, commercial lending transactions, and general business transactions.
Sean is the co-author of Oklahoma Limited Liability Company: Forms and Practice Manual, a two-volume practice manual containing forms and explanatory text and analysis for lawyers, accountants, tax specialists, estate planners, and real estate professionals. He was also a contributing author to the fifth edition of State-By-State Guide to Commercial Real Estate Leases, published by Aspen Publishers in 2014.
His achievements have earned him inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (corporate law) and Oklahoma Super Lawyers‘ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s up-and-coming attorneys.Download Bio (PDF)
- Represented Tyson Foods and its subsidiaries in all real estate aspects of its acquisition of the poultry rendering and blending assets of American Proteins, Inc. and AMPRO Products, Inc. The transaction included the negotiation of all real estate documents, including ground leases and various easement agreements; complex curative title matters; and extensive review of title work, surveys and zoning reports for multiple properties across five states.
- Represented Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores, Inc., a national chain of truck stops and convenience stores, in its acquisition of Speedco, a nationwide network of high-speed preventative maintenance service facilities for the trucking industry, from an affiliate of Nashville-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc.
- Represented The Oklahoma State Medical Association in the sale of 100% of the stock of PLICO, Inc., one of the premier healthcare liability insurers in the southwestern United States, to Berkshire Hathaway’s MedPro Group.
- Represented private equity company as equity investor in the development and rehabilitation of the historic Fred Jones Manufacturing Company automobile plant in downtown Oklahoma City into a flagship 21c Museum Hotel.
- Represented Magellan Midstream Partners, LP, a publicly traded midstream energy company, in the formation of a 50/50 joint venture with LBC Tank Terminals, LLC, one of the largest global operators of bulk liquid storage facilities, to develop, own and operate crude oil storage and pipeline infrastructure in the Houston Gulf Coast area.
- Represented an oilfield services company in the $45 million acquisition of 100% of the membership interests of two well testing and flowback services companies with operations in Oklahoma, Texas, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.
- Represented provider of online video-based graphic design training in the sale of 100% of its membership interests for aggregate consideration of approximately $40 million in cash and equity.
- Represented crude oil purchasing, marketing and logistics company in the sale of 100% of its membership interests for approximately $50 million in purchase price consideration.
- Represented midstream energy company in the sale of a low-pressure gas gathering system.
- Represented publicly traded corporation in $24.5 million acquisition of industrial property.
- Represented a large Oklahoma-based real estate development company in multiple acquisitions, divestitures, and leasing transactions in Oklahoma, Texas, Wyoming, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.
- Represented a lender in numerous term loans and revolving credit facilities to companies engaged in oil and gas exploration and production.
- Representation of clients in sales of unimproved and improved real property, including negotiation and documentation of purchase and sale agreements, title and survey due diligence, regulatory compliance, and land use issues.
- Representation of landlords and tenants in all aspects of commercial leasing transactions.
- Represented a division of a publicly traded bank in numerous asset-based loans.
Honors and Awards
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (corporate law)
- Named to Oklahoma Super Lawyers’ list of “Oklahoma Rising Stars,” which recognizes the state’s up-and-coming attorneys
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
Civic Involvement and Leadership
- Rebuilding Together OKC (Team Leader)