Simon Bright is a corporate attorney whose transactional practice encompasses a broad range of complex business matters, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, entity formation, and real estate acquisition, development, sales and financing.
Prior to embarking on a legal career, Simon worked as petroleum landman for an Oklahoma-based oil and gas exploration company for two years.
Simon’s achievements have earned him inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch (business organizations; corporate law; mergers and acquisitions law).Download Bio (PDF)
- Represented Tyson Foods, Inc., the nation’s largest protein-focused food company, and its subsidiaries in their acquisition of the poultry rendering and blending assets of American Proteins, Inc. and AMPRO Products.
- Represented NGL Energy Partners LP (NYSE: NGL), a vertically integrated energy business, in the sale of its retail propane distribution business for $900 million to Toronto, Canada-based Superior Plus Corp. (TSX: SPB).
- Represented The Charles Machine Works, Inc., parent company of Ditch Witch, American Augers, and other leading brands in the underground construction market, in the sale of the privately held company to The Toro Company (NYSE: TTC).
- Represented Globe Life Inc. (NYSE: GL) in its acquisition of Beazley Benefits, a specialized provider of supplemental health solutions for the employee benefits market, from Beazley Insurance Company, Inc.
Honors and Awards
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch (business organizations; corporate law; mergers and acquisitions law)
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association
Civic Involvement and Leadership
- Upward Transitions (Board of Directors)
- All Souls Episcopal Church (Chancellor)
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Oklahoma City (Former Member, Junior Board)