Teena Dunn represents clients in connection with matters involving the buying, selling, leasing, financing and registration of aircraft. Her practice is focused on aircraft matters falling under the purview of the Federal Transportation Code, FAA Regulations and the FAA Aircraft Registry.
Teena advises clients in structuring transactions to satisfy FAA requirements regarding U.S. citizenship and the use of alternative registration, including owner trusts and voting trusts. Her practice includes examination of complex aircraft, engine and propeller records housed at the FAA Aircraft Registry in Oklahoma City and rendering abstracts and/or conclusive title and lien memorandums. That work often includes the drafting and preparation of releases, terminations, amendments, supplements, set aside statements and other documents to cure title and encumbrance record problems with the FAA. She also typically reviews and assists with drafting legal opinions, security agreements, lease agreements, bills of sale, applications for registration and other instruments to assure compliance with the Federal Aviation Act and governing regulations.
Teena’s practice also extends to matters arising under the Cape Town Convention with regard to the filings of interests and prospective interests in aircraft with the International Registry.Download Bio (PDF)
- Represented major lenders and leasing corporations with regard to aircraft registration matters and the perfection of security and leasehold interests in aircraft, engines and propellers.
- Advised foreign and domestic aircraft manufacturers through the process of U.S. registration and deregistration.
- Advised fractional interest programs with regard to registration and records issues arising under the Federal Aviation Act.
- Representation of individual and corporate entities through the process of selling, purchasing and registering new and used aircraft.
- Acted as escrow agent for the disbursement of funds and documents for major lenders, leasing companies, corporate entities and individuals in the aircraft industry.
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
Civic Involvement and Leadership
- Habitat for Humanity