Bill Hall represents clients in all areas of intellectual property law and is a registered patent attorney with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Bill holds the distinction of being the only lawyer in Oklahoma to be honored four times (2015, 2016 2018 and 2019) with Lexology’s Client Choice Award, which recognizes lawyers worldwide who provide excellence in client care and quality of service. In nominating him for the award, clients said “His efficiency in understanding inventions and his ability to guide inventors to imagine more than they disclosed are unparalleled” and “He has provided advice, guidance and training, not only to me but also to our technical people who must meet and address problems implicating IP issues on a daily basis – and he has done so in a manner that is easily understandable by non-lawyers.”
His achievements have also earned him inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (patent law; trade secrets law).
Prior to joining McAfee & Taft in June 2001, he was senior counsel for Conoco, Inc., where he had worked for 10 years counseling clients in all areas of intellectual property and providing legal counsel relating to the Internet and computer law.
In his leisure time, Bill enjoys taking friends on flights around Oklahoma in his Piper Arrow, scuba diving and slowly rebuilding a ’57 Chevy.Download Bio (PDF)
- Developed strategies designed to enhance the business value of patents, trade secrets, copyrights and trademarks.
- Assisted clients in development of trade secret protection programs.
- Counseled intellectual property management teams.
- Counseled clients in the development of Internet and e-mail usage policies.
- Prepared opinions relating to patentability of inventions, patent infringement, patent validity and product clearances, i.e. determining the likelihood of a new product or process infringing another’s patents.
- Negotiated software, patent and trademark licensing agreements.
- Developed preventive law seminars designed to reduce the risks of improperly using a third party’s intellectual property.
- Prepared and prosecuted chemical, mechanical and business related patent applications in the United States, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Honors and Awards
- Selected by peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America (patent law; trade secrets law)
- Honored with Lexology’s Client Choice Award, recognizing lawyers worldwide who provide excellence in client care and quality of service (2015, 2016, 2018 and 2019)
Professional Organizations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association (Past President, Intellectual Property Section)
- American Chemical Society