At The Podium
Claims, Costs and Control — Workers’ comp under the Oklahoma Option
Since taking effect in February 2014, workers’ compensation reform has shown promising results for employers throughout Oklahoma. For large employers, as well as small to mid-sized employers with higher than average claims volume, even greater cost savings may be possible by opting out of the new administrative system and taking advantage of the “Oklahoma Option” provided in the law.
During this one-hour complimentary webinar, McAfee & Taft employee benefits attorney Brandon Long and special guest Bill Minick, president of PartnerSource, provide Oklahoma employers with an update on the status of workers’ comp reform in Oklahoma, with specific emphasis on the Oklahoma Option, a unique provision that allows employers to exercise even greater control by covering claims through its own injury benefit plan.
Specific topics covered include:
- Oklahoma Option features and program components
- Program benefits, including more employee accountability and more medical management control
- Timing and steps to elect the Oklahoma Option
- Insurance marketplace
- Benefit plan design and program support
- What it takes to qualify for the “opt out” provision
- Claims administration and appeals process