At The Podium
Confidentiality of Information and Preserving Attorney-Client Privilege
Michael K. Avery
Ronald T. Shinn Jr.
While speaking at McAfee & Taft’s 2015 Corporate Counsel Seminar in Oklahoma City, OK, trial lawyers Michael Avery and Ron Shinn review a host of federal court rulings nationwide and provide practice pointers and suggestions for protecting the confidentiality of information and preserving attorney-client privilege in business transactions and internal investigations
- A review of Rule 1.6 of the Oklahoma Rules of Professional Conduct
- Who owns the attorney-client privilege in business transactions?
- Why transferring assets with attorney-client privilege materials on them may be a waiver
- Effective strategies for managing internal investigations, including how to protect privilege
- Ordinary “fact” work product v. opinion work product
- Maintaining thorough privilege logs