Webinars & Seminars
Corporate Counsel 2021 Seminar (Oklahoma City)
The lawyers of McAfee & Taft cordially invite you to join us and corporate counsel from across the region as we take a look at some of the top trending topics affecting business. Included in this year’s line-up of speakers are two recent additions to McAfee & Taft. Kate Dodoo leads the firm’s Immigration and Compliance Group and previously served as former assistant chief counsel in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Office of the Principal Legal Advisor. Joshua Snavely is an Ivy League-trained cybersecurity and privacy expert, homeland security policy analyst, and former business school dean. This year’s seminar also will feature two ethics presentations, including a judicial panel featuring Judge Tim DeGiusti, Judge Jodi Dishman, and Judge Scott Palk from the Western District of Oklahoma.
- The Continuing and Lingering Impact of COVID-19 in the Workplace
- I-9 Compliance Errors: There’s a fine for that!
- New State Laws Impacting Employee Benefits and Why You Should Care
- Attorney-Client Privilege in the Corporate Context
- Words Matter: Keys to concise, understandable and enforceable contracts
- The Cybersecurity and Privacy Playbook: A strategic guide for business
- 2021 Tax Update and Tax Challenges for Employers with Remote Employees
- Corporate Counsel IP Toolbox
- Judicial Panel: Pet peeves and great expectations
Complimentary breakfast buffet and lunch will be provided. Check-in opens at 8:15am. Opening session begins promptly at 9am.
There is no cost to attend, but advance registration is required.
Seating is limited, so register below today. Registration is now closed.
CLE credit has been approved by the Oklahoma Bar Association (4.5 general and 2.0 ethics hours), State Bar of Texas (4.0 general and 1.5 ethics), and Arkansas Bar Association (4.5 general and 1.0 ethics).
9:00am – 3:55pm
Embassy Suites Downtown Medical Center
Oklahoma City, OK