COVID-19 Return to Work Packages for Employers
When returning employees to the workplace, there’s no such thing as “business as usual.” So what does the “new normal” look like?
Here are just a few questions to consider:
- What policies and procedures will you need to implement to protect the safety of your employees and visitors and reduce your liability?
- Will the physical configuration of your workspace need to change?
- Should employees and visitors be required to be tested or complete a self-assessment prior to entering the workplace?
- What records will you need to maintain, and how should you store them?
- Will access to your workplace be restricted to only employees?
- What accommodations will you make for at-risk employees or employees with childcare issues?
- What changes to your cleaning procedures will you need to make?
- How will you communicate and train your employees on your new policies and procedures?
There’s so much to consider when returning employees back to the workplace, especially if you are a multi-state employer or your organization includes multiple facilities, multiple shifts, remote worksites, or is easily accessible to the public.
To assist employers in navigating both their obligations and options for maintaining a safe workplace, McAfee & Taft has prepared an affordable COVID-19 Return to Work package that includes template policies, procedures and forms, as well as a checklist of issues and best practices that employers need to consider when developing their return to work plans. And, as always, McAfee & Taft employment attorneys are available to assist employers in customizing these plans to best fit their needs.
For more information, contact your McAfee & Taft employment lawyer. Or, complete the form below, and an attorney will contact you.