At McAfee & Taft, we are committed to serving our clients by pursuing creative legal solutions to their many and varied needs. We understand that it is essential to approach legal challenges from uncommon perspectives, and to rely on the diverse interests, talents, backgrounds and life experiences of our lawyers and staff to provide the very best in legal services.
For these reasons, McAfee & Taft is strongly committed to providing opportunities and fostering a diverse workplace where creativity and excellence are not only pursued, but achieved, and where all attorneys and staff are encouraged and assisted in reaching their fullest potential.
While McAfee & Taft has always recruited, retained and promoted lawyers and staff without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status, we recognize the importance of strengthening and enhancing our diversity in order to better serve our clients and community.
Our commitment is expressed in a range of initiatives, including:
- Involving attorneys from diverse backgrounds in decision-making responsibilities and management levels.
- Focusing on the recruitment, retention, promotion and professional development of female attorneys through the dedicated efforts of a Women's Initiative Committee.
- Recruiting for a diverse workplace, primarily at the three Oklahoma-based law schools.
- Donating our time and resources to a broad range of community outreach organizations that serve the public interest.
- Providing pro bono legal services to organizations and community causes which serve diverse segments of our community’s population.
- Providing ongoing support to the students, faculty and staff of Gatewood Elementary School and Remington Elementary School, inner-city public schools in Oklahoma City and Tulsa, respectively, through weekly tutoring and the sponsorship of school activities.