At The Podium
DOL Investigations of Your Retirement or Health & Welfare Plan
Brandon P. Long
While speaking at the Employer Health & Wealth Administrator Workshop sponsored by the Employers Health Coalition, McAfee & Taft employee benefits attorney Brandon Long reviews the U.S. Department of Labor’s investigation practices as it pertains to employer-sponsored health and welfare plans and provides employers with practical advice for preparing for and responding to an investigation.
- The DOL’s areas of focus before, during and after an investigation
- Examples of ERISA civil and criminal violations
- DOL enforcement priorities
- Issues that trigger DOL investigations
- Retirement plan and health plan documents requested during DOL investigations
- What every plan sponsor should be doing to prepare for a DOL investigation
The Employers Health Coalition is an employer-led business group focusing on human resource, legal, finance and procurement issues facing client organizations in the delivery of health benefits. This workshop is designed to increase the employer’s knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations and recent changes in employee benefits and to expose attendees to practical solutions to employee benefit challenges confronting plan sponsors & practitioners.