At The Podium
Downsizing done right: revisited
In an effort to adapt to a declining economy, changing technology, or increasingly competitive landscape, many companies are faced with the option of strategically restructuring their businesses through a reduction in force. While making the decision to downsize is never easy, the implementation process can be just as challenging for HR professionals and management.
Whether your company is planning a workplace reorganization or reduction in force (RIF), or you just want to be prepared in the event one becomes necessary, this webcast is for you. In this one-hour webinar, McAfee & Taft labor and employment attorneys Roberta Fields and Paul Ross walk you through the dos and don’ts of downsizing, helping you proactively address the multi-faceted issues involved.
Topics covered include:
- How to avoid claims of discrimination or unfairness
- Employer obligations under the Older Workers Benefit Protection Act (OWBPA)
- How to identify factors which will affect your decisions, such as employment agreements and union contracts
- WARN Act notice requirements
- Best practices for planning for a RIF
- The selection process: objective or subjective?
- How to’s for using a subjective process for decision-making
- The importance of documenting your process and decisions
- Release and severance issues