Webinars & Seminars
EmployerLINC Webinar: Time to pay or play — (Finally) final regs for the employer mandate
On February 10, 2014, the IRS issued its much-anticipated final regulations on the Affordable Care Act’s so-called “play or pay” mandate, under which certain employers have to either offer affordable, minimum-value health coverage to full-time employees and their dependents, or pay certain penalties. These newly released regulations provide clarification on how the mandate will be implemented, and they make a number of changes.
During this one-hour complimentary webinar, employee benefits attorneys Brandon Long and John Papahronis will be joined by special guest Teah Corley, CEO of PremierSource, to discuss what employers need to know to quickly get a good handle on the guidelines and changes contained in the 227 pages of these complex rules so they can be prepared for the upcoming benefit plan year. Topics covered include:
- Which employers must comply with the mandate now and which employers can wait another year
- Who are “full-time employees” and how to track the hours of employees to determine who is “full time”
- Requirement to offer coverage to dependents of full-time employees generally will not apply — for some employers — in 2015
- Transition relief provided to non-calendar year plans
- Status of employer information reporting requirements
- Special rules and nuances contained in the final regulations
Join us for the LIVE BROADCAST on Thursday, March 13, 2014, from noon to 1pm (Central). There is no cost to participate.
Please register below to receive access information for the live broadcast as well as to sign up for HRCI credit, if interested. Registration closes at NOON on Wednesday, March 12th. Registration has closed but you are still able to participate in the live webinar broadcast by clicking the link below.
This program has been submitted for approval for 1.0 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Registration prior to the live event is required to receive HRCI credit for this webinar. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.