Webinars & Seminars
EmployerLINC Webinar: Wellness Programs — Carrots and Sticks, Compliance and Risks
With health insurance costs on the rise, an increasing number of employers have begun implementing company-sponsored wellness programs as a way to encourage employees to live healthier lifestyles. Done correctly, it can be a win-win situation: As employees get healthier, companies are in a better position to control costs, reduce absences, and improve productivity and morale in the workplace. But sponsoring a wellness program that is well designed and legally compliant isn’t as simple as offering the proverbial carrots and sticks to motivate employees.
In this one-hour webinar, employee benefits lawyer Bill Freudenrich and employment attorney Charlie Plumb will discuss advanced compliance issues dealing with employer-sponsored wellness programs, including those targeting tobacco cessation, weight loss and nutrition, and physical activity. Topics include:
- Employer risks and rewards
- What incentives (and penalties) are permissible under the law… and what’s not
- What you need to know about the differences between participation-only programs versus standard-based programs
- Legal compliance with anti-discrimination laws and recently released final changes to HIPAA regulations
- Notice requirements for wellness programs
- Plan design strategies for staying legal
- Considerations under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Affordable Care Act, and other federal laws
- Coordinating COBRA, workers’ compensation, and FMLA leave
Join us for the LIVE BROADCAST on Thursday, August 22, 2013, from noon to 1pm (Central). There is no cost to participate.
Please register at the link below to receive access information for the live broadcast as well as to sign up for HRCI credit, if interested. Registration closes at NOON on Wednesday, August 21st. Registration is now closed. You can still view that webinar at the link below.
This program has been approved for 1.0 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Registration prior to the live event is required to receive HRCI credit for this webinar. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.