At The Podium
Myths abound when it comes to what constitutes copyright infringement (and what doesn’t). For example, if you copy and paste an image from the internet, is that infringement? What if the image doesn’t include a copyright symbol? Or what if you gave the original artist credit for their image that you posted to your own website?
In their presentation at McAfee & Taft’s 2018 Corporate Counsel Seminar in Tulsa, Oklahoma, intellectual property attorneys Rachel Blue and Robert Spoo provide an overview of U.S. copyright law and take a close look at everyday copyright issues that trip up many businesses and their employees. Topics include:
- Copyright registration process
- Exclusive rights of the copyright holder
- Copyright infringement elements and exceptions
- Civil and criminal damages for infringement
- Best practices for avoiding copyright infringement