At The Podium
Health Care Reform for Employers
Since the enactment of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act — commonly referred to as “health care reform” — in March 2010, the government has issued numerous memoranda and regulations regarding the complex law’s implementation. With new developments on the horizon and many of the law’s major reform provisions set to go into effect in 2014, employers should be prepared for even more change.
Speaking before the Oklahoma chapter of the Healthcare Financial Management Association on April 25, 2013, in Oklahoma City, employee benefits attorneys Brandon Long and Barbara Klepper will discuss new developments and key compliance issues associated with the Affordable Care Act, including:
- Which employers are subject to the pay or play requirements?
- Identifying full-time employees
- Avoiding the pay or play penalties
- What is the potentially huge reinsurance fee, how is it calculated, and how will employers pay it?
- DOL audits of medical and other welfare plans on the rise
- Other new developments
With more than 39,000 members, the Healthcare Financial Management Association is the nation’s leading membership organization for healthcare financial management executives and leaders.