Webinars & Seminars
HR Hero’s 2010 Advanced Employment Issues Symposium in Las Vegas
Now in its 15th nationally acclaimed year, the Advanced Employment Issues Symposium sponsored by HR Hero is widely recognized as America’s premier employment law update for forward-thinking human resources professionals. Conference speakers include some of the nation’s leading labor and employment lawyers, including McAfee & Taft’s own Charlie Plumb and Sam Fulkerson.
2010 CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS
EMPLOYMENT LAW ENFORCEMENT TRACK
Expert advice for meeting Washington’s ramped up workplace enforcement efforts head on
- EEOC: Avoid becoming a target of the discrimination watchdog agency’s latest enforcement priorities
- Wage & Hour Division: The resurgent agency is scrutinizing workplace practices for pay policy violations. We’ll show you what they are looking for.
- NRLB: How you can stay union-free under new EFCA-inspired reforms
- OSHA: New reforms mean increased scrutiny of workplace safety. Learn what it takes to dodge an audit.
- ICE: What’s coming from immigration enforcers and I-9 auditors.
- BONUS SELF-AUDIT: Avoid costly agency entanglements by assessing red flags in your hiring, discrimination, wage & hour, and other employment practices
FMLA & ADA COMPLIANCE TRACK:
Master new employee leave & workforce disability management rules
- Up-to-the-minute compliance guidance for the latest changes to FMLA and the ADAAA
- The latest methods for overcoming intermittent leave management headaches
- Trusted advice for avoiding expensive ADA compliance missteps
- Our expert panel is ready to answer your toughest FMLA & ADA questions
TALENT MANAGEMENT TRACK:
Lead your workforce through the social media frontier to greater employee engagement and effectiveness
- How American Express and Zappos use workplace social media and a unique culture to engage and motivate employees
- Proven strategies to make supervisors’ training stick
- How to feed your talent pipeline using Twitter, Facebook and other Web 2.0 tools, while avoiding legal snares
- How today’s most admired companies are taking fresh, bold approaches to employee engagement, innovation and commitment
- New succession planning strategies that work
- Using emotional intelligence to position HR as the CEO’s indispensable business partner