Webinars & Seminars
INSIDER INSIGHTS: Government and privacy officers talk HIPAA compliance and enforcement
Presented by McAfee & Taft in conjunction with Oklahoma Hospital Association and LeadingAge Oklahoma
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
The Tower Hotel
(formerly Marriott Northwest)
3233 Northwest Expressway
HIPAA privacy and security breaches come in all shapes and sizes – unencrypted emails, stolen laptops and flash drives, disabled firewalls, hacked servers, and even prying eyes and loose lips, just to name a few.
Nearly one year after the HIPAA Omnibus Rule went into effect, many covered entities and business associates remain vulnerable to breaches of protected health information, despite repeated warnings and an increase in federal enforcement activity.
If you’ve ever wondered just how strong HIPAA compliance policies and procedures need to be to prevent a breach or stand up to a formal investigation, we invite you to attend a complimentary two-hour event where you’ll hear from the agency leading the federal investigations. Jamie Sorley, an investigator with the Dallas office of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office for Civil Rights, will be in Oklahoma to provide an update from OCR and to answer your questions about HIPAA compliance and OCR’s enforcement.
- HIPAA investigations by the numbers, including a breakdown of the most common breach types
- Recent major agency enforcement actions
- Recap of key HIPAA Omnibus Rule changes for covered entities and business associates
- New consumer rights under the HIPAA Omnibus Rule
- Rules governing marketing communications and the sale of PHI
- Federal guidance for analyzing risks and maintaining compliance
- Tips for protecting and securing ePHI on mobile devices
Following Ms. Sorley’s presentation, a group of HIPAA privacy officers will lead a roundtable discussion on HIPAA challenges and success stories.
There is no cost to attend, but advance registration is required. Registration is now closed.
The Tower Hotel (formerly Marriott Northwest)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma