Webinars & Seminars
Interactive HR Hero Audio Conference CSI HR: When Your Employee is Accused or Gets Arrested
An employee is led out of the building to a frenzy of reporters and onlookers. How do you respond when your organization turns into HR’s version of CSI? How do you apply HR policies to an employee who’s in jail?
You hear your employees are afraid to come to work because a co-worker’s spouse, who just finished serving prison time for assault, has threatened to come to the office with violent intent. How do you quell fears and maintain calm and productivity?
Get the answers to these questions and more when you participate in the critical audio conference, CSI HR: When Your Employee Is Accused or Gets Arrested.
In just 90 minutes, experienced employment law attorneys will give you straight, plain-English answers to questions such as:
- What’s your first course of action if your organization is served with a subpoena or search warrant?
- What are the employer’s rights if a worker is arrested while on the job? What are the employee’s rights?
- Can you fire a worker accused of a crime? What if it’s a violent crime? Does the basic tenet "innocent until proven guilty" invite liability?
- What if HR discovers an applicant has covered up a criminal past? What are the employer’s options?
- How do you deal with employees and applicants who are trying to sanitize their records to better their chances in a tight job market?
- What if a high-level executive is accused of a crime or even arrested? How can you answer employee questions and mitigate the effect on your workforce?
- What should HR do when an internal investigation uncovers potential criminal activity? Can you require a polygraph test? What other issues come into play?
This HR Hero audio conference is being held Tuesday, March 9
11am to 12:30pm Eastern
10am to 11:30am Central
9am to 10:30am Mountain
8am to 9:30am Pacific
20% discount exclusively for McAfee & Taft clients and friends!
$247$197.60 for the live audio conference or a CD only
$307$245.60 for the live audio conference plus the CD
HOW TO REGISTER:
To take advantage of the 20% discount for McAfee & Taft clients and friends,
call toll-free (800) 274-6774 and mentionConference Code P498.
Not able to attend this live event?
Order the CD recording and we’ll provide audio streaming at no extra cost!
Streaming audio is available 3 days after the audio conference.
If you’re dissatisfied with any HR Hero audio conference, you’re entitled to a complete refund.
This program has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at http://www.hrci.org/.
ABOUT OUR PRESENTERS:
Shareholder at McAfee & Taft, Charles S. Plumb represents management in all phases of employment law and labor relations. Much of his practice is dedicated to counseling employers on compliance with a broad range of state and federal employment laws and regulations and educating management on best practices for avoiding disputes arising from the employer/employee relationship.
Also with McAfee & Taft, Sharolyn C. Whiting-Ralston is a trial lawyer whose practice is primarily focused on labor and employment law and general civil and business litigation. Sharolyn represents employers in all phases of labor and employment law, including litigation before state and federal courts, regulatory and administrative agencies, and arbitration panels.
Did you know…
Each audio conference on CD is approved for recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at http://www.hrci.org/.