Webinars & Seminars
Interactive HR Hero Audio Conference Sex and the Cell Phone: Update Your Policies for New Forms of Harassment
Employers now face new, subtle forms of sexual harassment, from inappropriate cell phone messages to "textual harassment" from explicit messages, videos, and pictures. If you don’t shield your organization against these new threats, it could cost you.
The EEOC collected over $51.5 million to settle sexual harassment complaints in 2009, and those numbers are climbing.
In this interactive live event, Tony Puckett, McAfee & Taft employment law attorney and published author on workplace harassment issues, will show you how to modify your organization’s policies to shield against the new forms of sexual harassment.
- How the multimedia features on today’s cell phone, an employee’s e-mail account, or a social networking site have become the new tools for sexual harassment in the workplace
- Textual harassment: Examples where employers have been sued after employees used text messages to harass their co-workers
- How to assess your current electronic communications policies and spot gaps that could leave your organization vulnerable to a "sexting" lawsuit
- What an effective anti-harassment policy should communicate to your employees and supervisors
- Why you need to ensure your organization’s policy covers employees’ personal e-mail accounts
- Why an inappropriate electronic message sent to an employee after work hours can still be considered sexual harassment
- How an employee’s personal Facebook page could trigger a harassment complaint against your organization
- How effective training can reinforce your company’s anti-harassment policy — and serve as a deterrent to litigation
AUDIO CONFERENCE BONUS: Tony will provide a detailed example of an effective electronic communications policy that can limit your organization’s liability against online harassment lawsuits.
This HR Hero audio conference is being heldWednesday, March 31, 2010
11am to 12:30pm Eastern
10am to 11:30am Central
9am to 10:30am Mountain
8am to 9:30am Pacific
COST: Sex and the Cell Phone: Update Your Policies for New Forms of Harassment is just $247.
You risk nothing by registering because we will refund every penny, no questions asked, if you are in any way dissatisfied with this audio conference.
CREDIT INFORMATION: This program has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at http://www.hrci.org/.