At The Podium
IP Strategies: Practical Applications
2014 Corporate Counsel Seminar
Patent attorney Cliff Dougherty and trial lawyer John Kenney speak on the topic of “IP Strategies: Practical Applications” at McAfee & Taft’s 2014 Corporate Counsel Seminar in Oklahoma City, OK. Topics included:
- Practical effects of the America Invents Act on patent acquisition and patent litigation strategies
- Trademark clearance steps
- Benefits of federal trademark registration
- The trademark owner’s duty to police marks
- Key IP provisions in employee, consultant, master service, joint research and development, asset purchase, and website and software development agreements
- Types of IP legal opinions
- General IP do’s and don’ts
- DOL investigations of retirement plans: What are they looking for? What questions do they ask?
- Current DOL investigations of health plans: What are they looking for? What questions do they ask?