At The Podium
Managing Benefits in a Bad Economy
Brandon P. Long
Staying up to date in the challenging world of employee benefits has never been more critical to the success of benefits professionals and their companies. Changes in regulations, technology, workforce and the economy continue to influence and change the way benefits are structured.
Speaking at the SouthWest Benefits Association’s 27th Annual Benefits Compliance Conference, McAfee & Taft employee benefits attorney Brandon Long discusses strategies for identifying and managing common defined contribution plan and health plan issues that typically arise in a weakened economy.
- The effects of partial plan terminations on defined contribution plans and its participants
- How to determine if layoffs have triggered a partial plan termination
- Reasons to (and not to) initiate a complete plan termination
- Steps for handling a complete plan termination
- Allowed and prohibited changes to mid-year amendments to safe harbor plans
- Strategies for containing medical plan costs
- SBC compliance issues related to making mid-year modifications to medical plans
The SouthWest Benefits Association is the region’s premiere organization for employee benefits professionals.
Crowne Plaza Hotel
Brandon P. Long(405) 552-2328