At The Podium
Medical Marijuana: An Action Plan for Employers
On June 26th, Oklahoma voters approved the legalization of medical marijuana by a 57% majority. The law, which is set to go into effect in late July, presents an all-new challenge in the workplace: balancing the rights of employees who possess a valid medical marijuana license with the needs of employers to maintain a safe, drug-free environment. It’s possible, but not easy. Proper execution is the key.
During this one-hour complimentary webinar, McAfee & Taft labor and employment attorneys Charlie Plumb, Paul Ross and Kirk Turner separate fact from fiction regarding what’s included in the new law, take a look at the progress that’s been made by the Oklahoma State Department of Health in developing a framework for regulating the state’s new medical marijuana industry, and review best practices for employers for staying in compliance and out of court.
- Employment protections for medical marijuana license holders
- Implementing and enforcing lawful workplace restrictions
- Why now is the time to review and revise your drug and alcohol policies and testing programs
- Training your managers and supervisors to observe and document impairment
- What you’ll need to successfully defend yourself in the event of a lawsuit
- What to expect in the way of potential legal activity in the Oklahoma Legislature and in the courts