At The Podium
Minimum Essential Coverage and Excepted Benefits
McAfee & Taft employee benefits attorney, Brandon Long moderates a panel presentation titled “Minimum Essential Coverage and Excepted Benefits," on November 14, 2014, at the SouthWest Benefits Association’s 25th Annual Benefits Compliance Conference, in Dallas, Texas. Topics include:
- Significance of "minimum essential coverage" for coverage mandate penalties
- What is minimum essential coverage?
- Types of employer-provided and other coverage that qualifies as minimum essential coverage
- Limited benefit plan or "excepted benefits" v. minimum essential coverage
- Current products available to employers, including MEC+ plans
SouthWest Benefits Association is a regional, non-profit association designed to foster relationships and support the educational growth of professionals in employee benefits. Members represent a wide range of specialties, including corporate human resources, benefit plan administration, financial management, investment counseling, third party administration, law, accounting, actuarial, and consulting.