At The Podium
Mistakes Employers Cannot Afford to Make
Speaking at the Life.Church Business Leader Luncheon, McAfee & Taft labor and employment attorney Roberta Fields provides an overview of both state and federal labor and employment laws and offers best practices for employers to maintain legal compliance in the workplace.
- Requirements and exceptions to the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA)
- Employer obligations under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Review of the Fair Labor Standards Act’s white collar overtime exemptions
- How to properly identify and classify workers
- How retaliation claims commonly occur