Webinars & Seminars
National Workers’ Compensation Defense Network Spring Seminar 2009
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 17, 2009
6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
THURSDAY, JUNE 18, 2009
- Melisa C. Zwilling, Carr Allison, Birmingham, AL
- Mark Melhorn, M.D., Wichita, KS
- Bruce E. Moore, ALJ, Kansas Department of Labor, Division of Workers Compensation
- Karla Boresi, Chief Administrative Judge, St. Louis Worker’s Compensation Division, Missouri Department of Labor
- Dan Foote, Board Member, Hearing Judge, Worker’s Compensation Board of Indiana
- Mark Flannery, Caterpillar
- Debbie Stafford, Archer Daniels Midland
- Doug Jones, Emcee
7:30 to 8:30 a.m.
Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30 to 8:45 a.m.
Welcome and Opening Remarks
8:45 to 9:15 a.m.
"Medical and Workers’ Compensation – Latest Update on Section 111 of MMSEA – New Conditional Payment Notice and Reporting Obligations, And Fines – Are YOU Ready?"
9:15 to 10:30 a.m.
"Why Physicians Agree to Disagree on Causation, Treatment, Return to Work, and Impairment"
10:30 to 10:45 a.m.
10:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
"What Judges Really Think About Your Case"
– Medical Proof (aggravations in pre-existing conditions)
– Physical Complaints/No Objective Evidence
– Witness Credibility
12:15 to 1:30 p.m.
– Breakout sessions for judges and attendees to ask questions and employer and carrier representatives to meet individually with NWCDN members
1:30 to 2:45 p.m.
"Searching For The Ray of Light At The End of The Tunnel – Large Employer Views On The Impact Of The Economic Downturn On Workers’ Compensation Claims Management"
2:45 to 3:30 p.m.
"All of Your Answers – Your Hot Button Issues Addressed"
3:45 to 5:30 p.m.
Cocktail Reception – Meet and greet and network with all attendees, speakers, panelists and NWCDN members
This seminar and functions are being charged free of charge to clients and friends of NWCDN member firms. To register for the seminar, click the "Register for this event online" link near the bottom of this page or call any NWCDN member firm.
A limited number of rooms are available on June 17, 18 and 19 at the special rate of $144 at the Overland Park Marriott. Each individual is responsible for his or her own reservation which may be made by calling 913-451-8000 or 800-810-2759, or by going to www.marriott.com.
Deadline for securing reservations at the Overland Park Marriott is May 27, 2009.
Be sure to identify the group name (NWCDN) to receive the special rate.
- KANSAS: Hite Fanning & Honeyman LLP
- MISSOURI: Simon & Associates, PC
- OKLAHOMA: McAfee & Taft
- IOWA: Peddicord Wharton Spencer Hook Barron & Wegman LLP
- INDIANA: McCray Lavallo Frank & Klingler
- MINNESOTA: Cousineau McGuire, Chartered
- ILLINOIS: Marciorowski Sackman & Ulrich
Please register each person separately. All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
” style=”display:none” type=”hidden”>