At The Podium
Negotiating and Reviewing Service Contracts
Sponsored by the SouthWest Benefits Association, the region’s premier organization for employee benefit professionals, and the Internal Revenue Service, the 2013 Plan Administrator Skills Workshop is specifically designed to assist the administrators of employer-sponsored health and welfare, retirement, and executive compensation plans in understanding the applicable laws, rules and regulations, and recent changes in industry, as well as provide practical solutions to employee benefit problems confronting practitioners and plan sponsors.
At the event held in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, on March 22, 2013, McAfee & Taft shareholder Brandon Long presents “Negotiating and Reviewing Service Contracts.” Specific topics include:
- Fiduciary obligations in selecting a service provider for retirement plans
- What the fee disclosure rules require
- Provider’s standard of care
- Limitation of liability clauses
- Indemnity provisions
- Post-termination services and costs
- Routine provisions such as confidentiality, notice, dispute resolution, governing law/venue
- Best practices to ensure your contract is reasonable.