Webinars & Seminars
New Electronic Delivery Method for ERISA-Required Notices
On May 27, 2020, the U.S. Department of Labor published a final rule that would give retirement plan administrators a new electronic option for delivering certain ERISA-required notices to plan participants and beneficiaries. The new rule, which goes into effect July 27, 2020, is designed to reduce costs and the regulatory burdens imposed on plan sponsors while also improving the speed and efficiency in which notices are delivered. It is particularly welcome news for employers now that an increasing number of employees are working remotely.
During this complimentary webinar, McAfee & Taft employee benefits attorneys Brandon Long and Lake Moore review the key features and benefits of this new electronic delivery method as well as the specific requirements that must be met by plan sponsors in order to take advantage of this option. Topics include:
- How this rule differs significantly from the current (2002) rule governing e-delivery
- Types of documents and notices that can be delivered electronically
- Which individuals are covered by the rule
- General technical and technological requirements for plan sponsors
- Requirements for providing notices on websites and intranets
- Procedures for allowing participants and beneficiaries to opt out of e-delivery
This complimentary webinar will be available for on-demand viewing beginning at noon (Central) on Wednesday, July 15, 2020. Please pre-register below to receive access information for the webinar as well as to sign up for certification credit, if interested. NOTE: Pre-registration closes Tuesday, July 14, 2020.
McAfee & Taft is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1.0 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program was pre-approved for 1.0 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.