Webinars & Seminars
New Media University: Online or Out of Line? Social Media & Your Employees (Oklahoma City)
Twitter. Facebook. YouTube.
Your employees are using social media – how does it help or hurt your business?
Learn to engage, monitor and protect your company with tools for a clear-cut social media policy.
You’re invited to join us for this informative half-day seminar.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Human Resources Professionals
- CEOs and Business Owners
- Public Relations and Marketing Executives
- Anyone interested in learning how to manage their internal and external communications through social media and craft a policy that best serves the company, their employees and customers.
WHAT’S ON THE AGENDA?
- Overview of the Social Media Landscape: What social media platforms are best for corporate communications? What platforms are employees using? Where are the trends leading and what does it mean for your organization?
- Overview of Social Media Case Law: What has been decided legally when it comes to employee versus employer rights, privacy and liability when social media is used in the workplace?
- The Productivity Issue: Surveys point to lost employee time when social media is available in the workplace. What are the pros and cons of allowing access? What are the best practices?
- Social Media and Public Companies: What does the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Trade Commission say about social media use by publicly traded companies?
- Writing a Social Media Policy: Where do you begin? What are the big issues that need to be discussed and tackled first?
- Social Media Monitoring: How do you best use social media to monitor pre-employment and employment? How do you use social media for brand awareness and customer service?
WHO WILL BE INVOLVED?
- Mike Koehler, New Media Director, Schnake Turnbo Frank|PR » bio
- Dara Wanzer, Attorney, McAfee & Taft Attorneys & Counselors » bio
- Karen Wicker, Senior Vice President, Schnake Turnbo Frank|PR » bio
- Social Media Roundtable: A broad-based group of business and industry professionals discuss their companies’ experience with social media in the workplace.