At The Podium
PPACA Mandate Issues, PPACA Litigation, and Guidance Impacting Wellness
The SouthWest Benefits Association presents the 24th Annual Conference for Practitioners & Plan Sponsors on November 7-8, 2013, in Dallas, Texas, featuring top government officials and leading private industry experts in the world of employee benefits. The curriculum provides insight into the hottest topics of employee plans and direct answers to troubling plan questions.
On the second day of the conference, McAfee & Taft employee benefits attorney Brandon Long moderates a panel presentation titled "PPACA Mandate Issues, PPACA Litigation and Guidance Impacting Wellness." Topics include:
- Recent Guidance Impacting Wellness Programs
- Wellness Programs Revisited: Do outcome based programs still make sense after the final regulations
- Limiting employer exposure under the ADA and GINA
- Tax and COBRA traps to avoid
- Affordable Care Act Update
- Employer Responsibility Requirements ("Pay or Play"):new guidance as 2014 approaches
- Waiting period limitations and impact of other 2014 mandates on plan design
SouthWest Benefits Association is a regional association of experienced professionals in the field of employee pension and welfare benefits. Members represent a wide range of specialties, including corporate human resources, benefit plan administration, financial management, investment counseling, trust administration, law, accounting, actuarial, health insurance, and pension and welfare consulting. Through an annual schedule of professional educational conferences and seminars, SWBA provides discussion of a wide range of issues confronting benefit professionals.