Our attorneys advise and consult clients on a wide range of issues covering all types of works that are subject to copyright protection. Our practice involves not only the acquisition and registration of copyrights for our clients, but also the enforcement and defense of copyrights in litigation.
Our representative experience extends to all types of artistic and literary works, including architectural plans, computer software, photographs, musical compositions, sound recordings and a host of multimedia works. McAfee & Taft attorneys regularly advise clients in the following areas:
- Registering copyrights with the United States Copyright Office
- Advising clients on the use of works owned by third parties and obtaining clearance and/or licenses relating thereto
- Negotiating and drafting license agreements
- Guiding clients on work for hire issues with employees and consultants
- Sending and responding to cease and desist notices
- Conducting due diligence for copyright license and ownership issues in connection with mergers, acquisitions, and asset sales
- Representing clients in litigation involving claims of copyright infringement
We assist our clients in maximizing the potential and revenue from copyrights.