At The Podium
Preparing for Radical Changes in Overtime Law
Paige Hoster Good
On December 1, 2016, the U.S. Department of Labor’s long-awaited new Fair Labor Standards Act overtime regulations go into effect, impacting millions of American workers previously classified as exempt. For many employers, these major rule changes could significantly impact both their payroll and operations.
While speaking before the Oklahoma Travel Industry Association at the Lt. Governor’s Travel and Tourism Summit on September 26, 2016, McAfee & Taft labor and employment attorneys Paige Hoster Good and Charlie Plumb review the changes to the FLSA’s white collar exemption rules and discuss the steps employers should be taking now to prepare for the December 1 implementation deadline. Topics include:
- Review of the FLSA’s executive, administrative, and professional exemptions
- Why the change now?
- Review of the new regulations and minimum salary requirements
- Evaluating the impact on payroll and operations
- Strategies for better managing and controlling overtime
- How to educate employees on the new overtime rules