At The Podium
Preventing & Defusing Workplace Violence
Every year, two million American workers report having been victims of workplace violence. Worse still, OSHA suspects many more acts or threats of violence — including physical assaults, verbal abuse, and threatening or harassing behavior — are never even reported. Unsafe, unsecured working environments not only pose threats to the health and stability of employees, but they also create undue risks to the employer’s business and reputation.
During this complimentary one-hour webinar, McAfee & Taft labor and employment attorneys Elizabeth Bowersox, Tony Puckett and Nathan Whatley assist employers in identifying various risk factors that often contribute to workplace violence, address employer liability issues, and discuss strategies and best practices for preventing, minimizing, and defusing workplace violence.
- Causes and warning signs of impending violence
- Employer safety duties under OSHA
- Employer liability for workplace violence under state laws and workers’ compensation
- Laws regarding weapons in the workplace
- Considerations when crafting a customized workplace weapons policy
- Best practices for pre-employment screening, anti-violence and harassment policies, complaint reporting procedures, emergency planning, and more