At The Podium
Pro’s and Con’s of Social Media in the Workplace…How does your policy read?
Nathan L. Whatley
McAfee & Taft labor and employment attorney Nathan Whatley discusses the positives and negatives of social media in the workplace at the September meeting of the Western Oklahoma Human Resources organization. His topics include:
- Crafting social media policies to protect both the company and the workforce
- What federal law has to say about restricting employee activity on social media
- Best practices for staying out of trouble even when the law hasn’t kept pace with changing technology
- Creating, managing and documenting company-owned accounts on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and other social media
- Think before you post! Why the posting of certain photos and messages could create unintended problems for your company
The Western Oklahoma Human Resources Organization is composed of seasoned HR professionals that promote human resource discipline through educational opportunities and networking.