Readying to Reopen and Returning to Work
On April 22, 2020, Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt provided an update on the state’s response to COVID-19 and introduced the state’s Open Up and Recover Safely (OURS) plan. Similar to the White House guidelines, the OURS plan is a three-phased approach to open Oklahoma’s economy back up starting April 24, 2020. The plan includes specific guidance for employers “intended to protect the health and safety of workers in critical industries.”
The following day, McAfee & Taft sent hundreds of employers a “Reopening for Business” survey to gauge both their interest and preparedness in reopening their businesses.
In this video alert, McAfee & Taft lawyers Brandon Long, Charlie Plumb and Kirk Turner discuss the interesting results of that survey in light of the governor’s plan and what employers should be considering and doing now to prepare for reopening the workplace and returning employees to work.
- EEOC: Employers permitted to administer COVID-19 tests
- Open Up & Recover Safely (OURS) Plan – website
- Open Up & Recover Safely (OURS) Plan – detailed plan (PDF)
- Governor Stitt Announces “Open Up and Recover Safely” Plan (video)
Additional Employer Resources
- 3-PART VIDEO ALERT: Reopening the Workplace after COVID-19 (released April 21, 2020)
- McAfee & Taft COVID-19 Resource Center
- Subscribe to future COVID-related alerts and publications
April 28, 2020