S. Gregory Frogge
Like most other workplaces, the healthcare industry has its own unique set of headache-inducing challenges. In his presentation titled “Responding to on-site criminal activity,” McAfee & Taft attorney S. Gregory Frogge discusses the types of crimes that most commonly occur in hospitals, nursing homes and assisted living centers, physician offices, and other healthcare facilities, and provides practical advice for investigating alleged criminal activity.
Topics covered include:
- Types of criminal activity most common in the healthcare workplace, including abuse/neglect/exploitation, sexual abuse or misconduct, physical assault, property theft, illegal drug use, and embezzlement in the healthcare workplace
- Special considerations when the alleged victim or perpetrator has dementia
- Steps to be taken in conducting an internal investigation into alleged criminal activity
- How to prepare for an outside investigation by law enforcement and regulators, as well as possible lawsuits
- The importance of having policies and procedures in place to detect, report, investigate and act on suspected criminal activity