Webinars & Seminars
Spring 2007 Labor & Employment and Employee Benefits Seminar
Survivor: Real World is the theme for this spring’s Labor & Employment and Employee Benefits seminar, which will be held in the Grand Ballroom of the newly restored and reopened Skirvin Hilton Hotel in downtown Oklahoma City.
Our opening session will feature two presentations. Shareholder Michael Lauderdale will speak on "Electronic Discovery and the New Federal Rules of Civil Procedure" and Mike Crownover, Vice President of Human Resources for Valero Energy, will deliver the keynote address on "Talent Management." San Antonio-based Valero Energy is perennially ranked on Fortune magazine’s list of the "100 Best Companies to Work For."
Following the opening session, attendees will be able to participate in their choice of two breakout sessions:
* Top Tips for Staying Out of Court: Best practices for avoiding lawsuits
* Surviving the Immigration Challenge: Navigating the restrictions and requirements placed on employers under federal, and not state, law
* The Pension Protection Act & Beyond: An update on current PPA issues, recent litigation regarding plan expenses, and new IRC Section 409A regulations for deferred compensation plans
* Training Ground Zero: Harassment, discrimination, and new EEOC regulations regarding "unconscious bias"
* Employment Law Update: Recent developments and changes in state and federal law and how they affect employers
* Wellness Programs: Creating legal and financially-measurable wellness programs
Parking will be available in the Santa Fe parking garage ($5 for 4 hours / $7 for a full day) or via the Skirvin valet ($12). Santa Fe overflow parking will be directed to the Century Center, which is adjacent to the Sheraton Hotel.
Registration has reached its capacity. If you have already registered and must cancel, we kindly request 48 hours advance notice.