Webinars & Seminars
Spring 2009 Labor & Employment and Employee Benefits Seminar in Oklahoma City
Besieged by mounting legislative, regulatory and economic pressures, employers are facing some of their toughest challenges and decisions yet. Layoffs, salary freezes, changes in benefits and company reorganizations are commonplace, and employee protections are on the rise. The result: increased responsibilities for employers and employee benefits plan sponsors, and an increased propensity to file lawsuits by employees. In these tough times, the roles of HR and benefits professionals have never been more important.
McAfee & Taft presents “The Bottom Line” Spring 2009 Labor & Employment and Employee Benefits Seminar.
Wednesday, April 22nd
8:30am – Noon
Cox Convention Center
Second Floor East
Downtown Oklahoma City
This seminar will include the keynote “Bottom-Line Analysis of Critical Workplace Issues” led by our labor & employment and employee benefits attorneys. The seminar also features several breakout sessions to choose from.
- Downsizing and Reductions in Force – RIFs, alternatives to RIFs, and the benefits implications of such decisions
- Employment Law Update – Noteworthy changes to federal and Oklahoma state labor and employment laws
- Employee Free Choice Act – Paving the way for increased union organization in the workplace
- Family and Medical Leave Act – The new FMLA regulations are here
- Retirement Plans in a Chaotic Market – What every plan fiduciary needs to know
- Changes and New Initiatives from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, featuring guest speaker David Bates, OSHA Area Director
Online registration for this seminar is closed.
Event parking is available for $6 at the Cox Center underground garage. For a detailed map of other downtown Oklahoma City parking options, please visit www.parkingokc.com.
If you will need overnight accommodations, discounted rates are available in Oklahoma City at three downtown hotels.
Rates at all downtown Oklahoma City hotels are available based on occupancy, so if you plan to book a room, we recommend you book as early as possible.
Downtown Oklahoma City Renaissance Hotel
The McAfee & Taft corporate rate of $141/night for a single/double or $181/night for a suite is available based on occupancy. To book online, click here, or call their toll free number, 1-800-468-3571, and request the McAfee & Taft rate.
The McAfee & Taft corporate rate of $149 for a deluxe king/deluxe double is available based on occupancy. To book online, click here, or call their toll free number, 1-866-781-3800. When booking, use the corporate code: MCATAF.
The McAfee & Taft corporate rate of $141/night for a single/double is available based on occupancy. To book online, click here, or call their toll free number, 1-800-HILTONS. When booking, use the corporate ID number: 2630765.