Webinars & Seminars
Spring 2009 Labor & Employment and Employee Benefits Seminar in Tulsa
Besieged by mounting legislative, regulatory and economic pressures, employers are facing some of their toughest challenges and decisions yet. Layoffs, salary freezes, changes in benefits and company reorganizations are commonplace, and employee protections are on the rise. The result: increased responsibilities for employers and employee benefits plan sponsors, and an increased propensity to file lawsuits by employees. In these tough times, the roles of HR and benefits professionals have never been more important.
McAfee & Taft invites you to “The Bottom Line” Spring 2009 Labor & Employment and Employee Benefits Seminar.
Tuesday, April 28th
8:30am – Noon
Renaissance Hotel and Convention Center
6808 South 107th East Avenue
This seminar will include the keynote “Bottom-Line Analysis of Critical Workplace Issues” led by our labor & employment and employee benefits attorneys. The seminar also features several breakout sessions to choose from.
- Downsizing and Reductions in Force – RIFs, alternatives to RIFs, and the benefits implications of such decisions
- Employment Law Update – Noteworthy changes to federal and Oklahoma state labor and employment laws
- Employee Free Choice Act – Paving the way for increased union organization in the workplace
- Family and Medical Leave Act – The new FMLA regulations are here
- Retirement Plans in a Chaotic Market – What every plan fiduciary needs to know
- Changes and New Initiatives from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, featuring guest speaker David Bates, OSHA Area Director
There is no cost to attend the seminar. (Online registration has closed.)
Event parking is available on-site at no charge at the Tulsa Renaissance Hotel and Convention Center.
If you will need overnight accommodations, discounted rates are available at the Tulsa Renaissance Hotel and Convention Center.
A special seminar rate of $139/night for a single/double is available for the night of April 27th and additional nights based on occupancy. To receive this special rate, you must book by Monday, April 3rd. To make a reservation, call their toll free number, 1-800-264-0165, and request the McAfee & Taft rate.