Webinars & Seminars
Stark III Healthcare Luncheon Seminar
DON’T GET CAUGHT STARK NAKED!
The recently published Stark III regulations (effective December 4, 2007) and other proposed regulatory changes require reevaluation of group practices and their ancillary services, physicians’ contracts with health care providers, and other arrangements involving physicians. Physicians and other health care providers must take steps now to ensure compliance.
Please join us for a complimentary luncheon and timely discussion of the regulatory changes.
In this seminar, we will discuss the following changes to the Stark regulations:
- New provisions related to determining if a physician has a direct or indirect financial relationship
- Revision in the permissible ways that group practices may pay productivity bonuses and profit shares
- Changes in the way that a physician may contract with a group practice to provide services
- Relaxation of some requirements under the physician recruitment and retention exceptions
We will also discuss other recently proposed regulatory changes that affect physicians and other healthcare providers:
- Prohibition on marking up the professional component of diagnostic tests
- Limitations on “per click” and percentage lease arrangements
- Restrictions on Stark’s whole hospital exception for physician ownership
- Clampdown on physicians’ shared arrangements with ancillary service providers