Webinars & Seminars
SWBA Plan Administrator Skills Workshop 2011 — Houston
Sponsored by the SouthWest Benefits Association and the Internal Revenue Service, this one-day workshop features presentations by leading experts in the field of employee benefits law, as well as representatives from the IRS.
McAfee & Taft employee benefits attorney Mary Steichen will be one of the featured speakers.
Workshop topics include:
- IRS’ efforts in the employee plan compliance and enforcement group
- IRS’ current "critical priorities" for employee plans
- Targeted industries and issues for an employee plan compliance check or audit notice
- Policies and procedures for audit preparedness
- Self-correction and voluntary-correction procedures
- Dealing with the new claims rules: IROs and paying claims while appeals are pending
- Wellness program implementation: Practical tips
- How to handle voluntary continued medical benefits
- Breach notifications and Business Associates
- Protecting individual identifying information
- Mental health parity
- Cafeteria plan rules
- Recent HCR guidance
Founded in 1975, the SouthWest Benefits Association is a regional association of experienced professionals in the field of employee pension and welfare benefits. Members represent a wide range of specialties, including corporate human resources, benefit plan administration, financial management, investment counseling, trust administration, law, accounting, actuarial, health insurance and pension welfare consulting.