At The Podium
The Affordable Care Act and Health Insurance Options for 2014
The Affordable Care Act is changing the way some people get health coverage. Since businesses have questions about the Affordable Care Act and their health insurance options for 2014, the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber presents an informational breakfast to help answer those questions. The featured panelists include McAfee & Taft attorney Brandon Long, leader of the firm’s Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Group. Among the topics discussed:
- Which employers are subject to the "play or pay" mandate?
- How do I identify my part-time employees?
- What regulatory changes might we look for in 2014?
- What are some key compliance deadlines looming in 2015 and beyond?
- Should I be looking at fully insured or self-funded options?
- What are some possible cost-containment strategies that other employers are using?
- What are the non-discrimination rules and when do they apply?