At The Podium
The Affordable Care Act
After years of political debate and legal wrangling, the Health Care Reform law passed by Congress is going forward. As one of the most complicated laws in U.S. history, it’s left many employers with tough decisions to make and numerous provisions and deadlines with which to comply.
In this presentation, employee benefits attorneys Bill Freudenrich and Brandon Long review the key elements and deadlines of the Affordable Care Act and walk employers through one of the most-discussed provision of the Act, commonly referred to as “play or pay,” which requires employers to provide minimum essential health coverage or pay a penalty.
Specific topics include:
- Which employers are subject to “play or pay”?
- Identifying full-time v. part-time employees
- Difference between the “no coverage tax” and the “inadequate coverage tax”
- A financial analysis – should I play or pay?
- Beyond the math: key questions employers should ask themselves before they decide NOT to provide health insurance
- Upcoming compliance issues