At The Podium
The Affordable Healthcare Act (PPACA): Are you Ready?
Brandon P. Long
James C. Prince
Since the enactment of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) – also known as “health care reform” – in March 2010, the government has issued numerous memoranda and regulations regarding the complex law’s implementation. With new developments on the horizon and many of the law’s major reform provisions set to go into effect in 2014, employers should be prepared for even more change.
Employee benefits attorneys Brandon Long and Jim Prince will meet with community businesspeople to discuss new developments and key compliance issues associated with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, including:
- Which employers are subject to the pay or play requirements?
- Identifying full-time employees
- Avoiding the pay or play penalties
- What is the potentially huge reinsurance fee, how is it calculated, and how will employers pay it?
- Why DOL audits of health care plans are on the rise