At The Podium
The Death of the ACA?
for Human Resources Spring 2017 Conference
While speaking at the Oklahoma Chapter of the College and University Professional Association for Human Resources’ Spring 2017 Conference in Oklahoma City, McAfee & Taft employee benefits attorney Brandon Long reviews the Trump administration’s goals in reforming health care and discusses the status of efforts by Republican members of Congress to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act. The presentation includes a closer look at the major provisions of the American Health Care Act and how it would impact both individuals and employers.
- Status of the American Health Care Act
- What aspects of the ACA, if any, are likely to stay in the final version of the AHCA
- Proposed delay in implementing the Cadillac Tax on high-cost employer plans
- Proposed changes to premium tax credits, individual and employer mandates, and flexible spending accounts
- Tax benefits of health savings accounts (HSAs)
OCUPA-HR is the Oklahoma Chapter of the College and University Professional Association for Human Resources. OCUPA-HR is comprised of dynamic higher education human resources professionals from both public and private institutions across the state of Oklahoma. The mission of OCUPA-HR is to provide leadership and professional development opportunities to the higher education human resources profession and higher education communities by offering essential knowledge, resources, and connections that enhance individual and institutional capacity and competitiveness.