At The Podium
Trump-Era Game Changers: Snapshot of Which Employment Laws Will be Killed and Which Will Survive the New Administration
While speaking at the 2017 Advanced Employment Issues Symposium, McAfee & Taft labor and employment attorney Charlie Plumb reviews the Trump administration’s restructuring of federal leadership at the EEOC, DOL and NLRB, discusses which Obama-era labor and employment policies and practices are here to stay and which ones are likely to be rolled back, and shares his insights on how the new Trump-era federal regulatory landscape will likely affect employers within the coming year.
- Return of DOL opinion letters
- Review of the FLSA’s white collar overtime exemptions
- DOL’s revised stance on who is an independent contractor and who is a joint employer
- Status of new paid leave initiatives
- Review of court decisions and agency positions on LGBTQ rights
- Policies, practices and guidance under review by the National Labor Relations
- Changes to the new Form I-9
The Advanced Employment Issues Symposium is America’s leading employment law conference designed to update current HR professionals about emerging state legal and regulatory changes that affect employment law compliance obligations. This three-day conference is held in Las Vegas, Nevada, November 15-17, 2017.