Under control: Managing FMLA leave
For many HR and benefits professionals, the Family and Medical Leave Act remains one of the most complex, confusing and time-consuming programs to administer, monitor, and effectively track. Employers not only have an extensive checklist of do’s and don’ts to follow — including how to handle employees’ sensitive personal and medical information — but they also have to rely on employees to adequately communicate and cooperate with them throughout the process.
During this complimentary 75-minute webinar, McAfee & Taft labor and employment attorneys Paige Good and Charlie Plumb go beyond the basics to address some of the most common, yet challenging, FMLA compliance issues facing employers. Topics include:
- Requesting and obtaining medical information throughout the leave process
- Designating FMLA leave and substitution of paid leave
- Handling intermittent and reduced schedule leave
- Whether to continue offering health insurance and other benefits to employees on FMLA leave
- Steps for returning employees to work … and when it may be appropriate to terminate an employee on extended leave
- Identifying and addressing potential FMLA abuse
This webinar is now available for on-demand viewing. Register below to receive immediate access. NOTE: Pre-registration (by July 23, 2019) was required to qualify for HRCI or SHRM credit and credit is only available for 30 days after webinar’s release.