At The Podium
Violence in the workplace: Prevention and survival
The potential for workplace violence continues to increase due to a number of factors, including outside economic pressures, family and domestic matters, events at work, and an easier access to firearms. That’s why it’s vital that employers not only take steps to prevent its occurrence, but also consider how employees can increase their changes of survival.
In this presentation, labor and employment attorney Kathy Neal is joined by Josh Turley, risk manager for the Tulsa County Sherriff’s Office, to discuss best practices for the prevention and survival of a violent event in the workplace.
Topics covered include:
- Types of workplace violence
- Warning signs of impending violence
- Employer liability issues
- Best practices for reducing violence in the workplace
- Preparation and emergency planning