Webinars & Seminars
Downsizing done right: revisited
In an effort to adapt to a declining economy, changing technology, or increasingly competitive landscape, many companies are faced with the option of strategically restructuring their businesses through a reduction in force. While making the decision to downsize is never easy, the implementation process can be just as challenging for HR professionals and management.
Whether your company is planning a workplace reorganization or reduction in force (RIF), or you just want to be prepared in the event one becomes necessary, this webcast is for you. In this one-hour complimentary webinar, McAfee & Taft labor and employment attorneys Roberta Fields and Paul Ross will walk you through the dos and don’ts of downsizing, helping you proactively address the multi-faceted issues involved.
Topics covered include:
- How to avoid claims of discrimination or unfairness
- Employer obligations under the Older Workers Benefit Protection Act (OWBPA)
- How to identify factors which will affect your decisions, such as employment agreements and union contracts
- WARN Act notice requirements
- Best practices for planning for a RIF
- The selection process: objective or subjective?
- How to’s for using a subjective process for decision-making
- The importance of documenting your process and decisions
- Release and severance issues
This program was approved for 1.0 (HR (General)) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. PLEASE NOTE: To comply with the latest HR Certification Institute webinar/webcast program certification requirements, HRCI credit will be awarded only to participants who: 1) register prior to the live event, 2) access the live webinar using a separate login for each person requesting HRCI credit, and 3) participate in the full length of the program. Participation monitoring and reporting provided by a third-party vendor. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.