Webinars & Seminars
I-9s and Immigration Enforcement
The Trump administration’s efforts to aggressively enforce the nation’s immigration laws now include increased investigations and audits to identify undocumented workers in America’s workplaces. Federal agencies, including Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), have ramped-up their hiring of field office and enforcement personnel to ensure U.S. employers are complying with employment verification and eligibility requirements.
If faced with a government inspection, would your Form I-9 policies, practices and documentation hold up to the increased scrutiny?
During this complimentary one-hour webinar, McAfee & Taft labor and employment attorneys Charlie Plumb and Paige Good discuss what the new administration’s tough stance on immigration means for employers, review best practices for maintaining Form I-9 compliance, and explain why the stakes have never been higher. Topics include:
- What to expect from an ICE investigation
- Changes to the new Form I-9 for new hires
- Common Form I-9 errors and how to avoid them
- Best practices for completing and retaining eligibility and verification documents
- Correcting errors or problems with your eligibility and verification process and records
- Approaches to an effective I-9 self-audit
- Avoiding claims of discrimination when conducting your I-9 self-audit
- Penalties for paperwork violations
This webinar is now available for on-demand viewing. Register below to receive immediate access. NOTE: Pre-registration (by July 18, 2017) was required to qualify for HRCI or SHRM credit and credit is only available for 30 days after webinar’s release.
This program has been pre-approved for 1.0 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about HRCI certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
McAfee & Taft is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1.0 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about SHRM certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.