Webinars & Seminars
Medical Marijuana in the Oklahoma Workplace
On June 26, 2018, Oklahomans will go to the polls to vote on whether medical marijuana should be legalized in the state. While State Question 788 addresses several key questions regarding the treatment of employees and job applicants who possess a valid medical marijuana license, many other questions remain as to how this new legislation, if enacted, will impact Oklahoma employers.
During this one-hour complimentary webinar, McAfee & Taft labor and employment attorneys Charlie Plumb and Kirk Turner review SQ788 and the employment protections provided in the legislation, examine workplace issues that have arisen in states that have already legalized medical marijuana, and provide a list of recommended action steps for Oklahoma employers. If passed, the new legislation will go into effect 30 days after the vote. Will you be ready?
- A review of current Oklahoma cannabis laws
- The future of Oklahoma’s Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Act
- The clash between state and federal law and the Department of Justice’s stance on enforcing federal marijuana-related offenses
- Employer rights and responsibilities for ensuring a safe and productive workplace
- Are licensed medical marijuana users considered “disabled” under the ADA and ODEA?
- Can employers discharge workers for usage, impairment, or possession in the workplace?
- The effect on workplace drug testing, unemployment benefits and workers’ compensation
This webinar is now available for on-demand viewing. Register below to receive immediate access. NOTE: Pre-registration (by May 9, 2018) was required to qualify for HRCI or SHRM credit and credit is only available for 30 days after webinar’s release.
This program has been pre-approved for 1.0 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about HRCI certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
McAfee & Taft is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for 1.0 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about SHRM certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.